As we come to the end of three months of the coding extravaganza as a part of GSoC, I would like to share the progress we made so far and what is left to do as a part of Improving the UI protocol in Neovim with Björn Linse as my mentor.
What is in place
- Grid based updates
This post describes the grid-based updates in Neovim. The work for this is almost complete with tests and documentation in place. The progress and code for grid based updates can be found here.
- Externalized wincmds
This builds up on the Grid based updates. The work for this is still a little unstable but seems ready to be tested out by the external UIs. The progress and code for external wincmds can be found here.
Where to go from here
- The above pull requests are not merged as of writing this post. My first priority would be to get them merged.
- There are a number of elements which are yet to be externalized with cursorline and messages being the next choices. I have started some work on externalizing the cursorline which I will continue.
All posts about GSoC can be found under the GSoC tag.